Monday, October 25, 2010
I call this My Start because I finally have one - a place to start. I committed on where to go from here and I have no regrets looking back. This is the choice I've been deciding over the past year and a half and I have finally taken it. All starts start pretty small, and this is no exception but I have big plans for this. After all, this is what I want to get hired to do!


I'll be honest. I'm not completely happy with what I made, but I am happy I made it, if that makes sense. The reason why I made this was a mixture of my fear and what I value (hey, those were the topics we went over!). I value my family and I want to be able to provide for them. My fear is that I won't be able to get a job in the career path I want. I need to make a respectable online portfolio showcasing my skills, past projects and more importantly, why I should be hired (ie, what I can contribute to a company). I currently have a 'blah' site created in a few hours that barely scratches the surface.

This brings me back to why I am happy and at the same time, not happy. I am happy I finally got my idea down in a physical (ok virtual) form. I am not happy with it because, well... it sucks. It's far from what I want to convey and have it be eye catching and have a future employer go "Wow! I want that!". It's a start though. I have been wanting to redo this site for over a year now, and never decided on a direction to take it. I now have a direction and know (almost) exactly what I want to convey and how.

This is only the beginning. All my beginning ideas suck. It's when you take a step back and look at it from a different angle you get the perspective you were lacking.

So without further ado, here's my start:

0 comments:

Follow Dara on her long and insane journey though Seeing Sideways. Will she ever find the elusive Ninja Egg? Stay tuned to find out.

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.