Monday, November 8, 2010
I knew this class would give me the idea I needed for my last project. This weekly reflection brought to you by the Distraction Octopus. Yes. I said octopus.

I didn't want to do something I all ready know how to do. I was worried that I might have to fall back on continuing with my portfolio piece. I didn't want to rush into that now and I really wanted to push my boundaries as far as making something in this class.

The display we visited today, Notes to Nonself gave me the inspiration for my project. This was a huge display about identity, or for that matter, non-identity. It brought an intangible concept into tangible physical form. When the word "wire frame" surfaced in a conversation I immediately thought of a physical wire frame, but in context of what online media wire frames are. They are the structure, place holders of stuff, knowledge, ideas. What if something as non-physical as as wire frame online media design were brought in this world and given substance? What would my wire frame be?

It wouldn't be a web site design. After all, we are not bound by square web browsers. What information do I want to convey? In the spirit of the topic identity, I want to convey my versions of myself. That sounds silly at first but think about it. We all show different sides of ourselves in different situations. We might even assimilate other's thoughts and ideas around us. It's tricky to find out who you really are if you don't go looking, and that's exactly what I plan to do. 

More thoughts on this later. :)

0 comments:

Follow Dara on her long and insane journey though Seeing Sideways. Will she ever find the elusive Ninja Egg? Stay tuned to find out.

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.