Monday, August 30, 2010
Oh great. Not another new way of looking at games. Just when I thought I throughly enjoyed them enough, here comes Beth turning me sideways... again (thanks Beth). On our tour of the goodies department (the AV part of our IT building), we were introduced to the various AV stuff that would make any techno-graphical geek giddy with delight.



What caught my attention was the 3-D stuff. It was cool by itself but not a whole lot interesting to me until the little voice (usually the one with horns that likes to get me in trouble) mentioned gaming. I am taking a class on game design this semester anyways, so this peaked my interest. During the tour I just had to break out my iPod Touch and looked up 3D games with flash, then I come across this:

Let me introduce you to my newest techno-geek desire. This is Nvidia's 3D Vision Kit for your PC. This turns your computer into a stereoscopic plethora of eye candy goodness. I thought, "Cool, but why haven't games been made for this"? Well.. it seems I know little of the games I profess to love so much.

It turns out over 350 games are all ready built for this technology, including the ones I currently play. I will have to keep this in mind as this semester progresses, especially for my game design class. Ohhhhh the possibilities are endless.

Hello obsession. We meet again.



Oh, hi. What was I talking about? Oh yea, our class. (grats if your still reading this btw!) What's cooler than going to the grocery store? Going to the grocery store... virtually! Really?! This was just one of the worlds we were introduced to in the "Cave". Even though people could just navigate these areas, they were still drawn into them, exploring. Just walking around was fun enough, but could you imagine what would happen if this world reacted to you? That would be amazing.

Maybe create a world of clouds, and when you passed though them or touched them, they would move or dissipate all together. Walk down a street (well sidewalk, I do not recommend walking down any street) and wave to your neighbor and have them wave back. Hell, turn it into a fully fledged interactive game. Given the time, I have no doubt this will be done. Will I be one of those pioneers creating the first marketed immersive 3D game? Perhaps. Maybe. We'll see where this takes me first.

0 comments:

Follow Dara on her long and insane journey though Seeing Sideways. Will she ever find the elusive Ninja Egg? Stay tuned to find out.

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.